I was nominated for a Liebster award by littlestlovenest. This is very exciting for me as I am always looking for ways to get the word out about my blog. So today’s post will be a little bit off from my usual subject matter, but I promise it’ll be back to business with tomorrow’s post, and in the meantime here’s your opportunity to learn a little bit more about me.
Here’s the lowdown for how the award works: bloggers award other bloggers whom they consider as “up and coming” and have less than 200 followers, or are a newer blog. If you receive a Liebster, you must tell 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger, and nominate 11 new bloggers. You then ask 11 questions to the bloggers you nominated. Oh, and don’t forget to inform the bloggers you chose.
11 LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I’m left handed, I married a left hander, and though it’s not set in stone with the littlest one yet it appears that we produced a right hander, a left hander, and an ambidextrious.
2) I have an extreme phobia surrounding spit. This means that I have never shared my food or drink with my children for fear they would get their germs onto my eating utensils. I often get the question how did I ever manage to have children with this phobia, and the answer is very carefully.
3) I am an avid reader and a collector of children’s books. Even before my kids were born I had an extensive collection of stories for them to read from birth all the way through adolescence.
4) I was an extreme tomboy growing up, and was hoping to have all boys due to my not so girly nature. However, upon having my daughter I unlocked my girly side and love to dress her in frills and bows.
5) I am a fanatic about hockey (though I guess that’s really more like a well known fact) I’ve only been following the sport for 4 years now, but I am completely hooked. I have season tickets to our local team, and I try never to miss a game.
6) The one food I cannot stand the sight, smell, or taste of is peanut butter (and no, I’m not allergic to nuts. It’s just gross)
7) I live less than 5 miles away from the house I was born in despite having moved out of state several times while growing up.
8) My all time favorite holiday (not counting my birthday of course) would have to be Halloween. I love taking the kids to the pumpkin patch, making s’mores around a campfire, carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns, and mostly dressing up for Halloween. We tend to have themed Halloweens in our house where everyone dresses up from the same cartoon or genre.
9) Despite being extremely outgoing to those who know me, I’m actually desperately shy in unknown situations. There is nothing harder for me than being in a room full of strangers.
10) I had no desire to drive whatsoever, and did not actually get my license until I was 20 years old. Even now I only drive when necessary, letting Matt do the lion’s share of the driving for our family.
11) I won an award in 8th grade for obtaining the highest score in my grade on the science apptitude test. Since then I have found I really have no apptitude for science and came close to failing physics my senior year in high school.
11 QUESTIONS FROM littlestlovenest
1) What is your favorite genre of music? I mainly listen to country music, but living with my husband has opened the doors to plenty of other genre’s that I enjoy as well.
2) If you could go back in time to a certain moment in your life, what would it be? Why? I’d probably go back to the first time my family moved and make that not happen. Even though in my adult life I ended up living in the same city I was originally born in, I really wonder how my life would be different if we’d never moved away. Would I still be so intent on living here for the rest of my life? Or would I have long ago grown dissatisfied with my life here and wish for bigger and better things beyond the horizon?
3) What is your all time favorite movie? As a huge fan of both hockey and the Olympics that would have to be the movie Miracle
4) How many kids would you like to have? I always wanted to have a dozen kids as I was growing up. However, now that I have 3 I am content with that number and we have no plans to expand our family further.
5) What was your favorite game growing up? Monopoly
6) What household chore do you loathe? It’s a tossup between scrubbing the toilet (I’ve got two boys growing up in my house that can’t seem to perfect their aim…) and washing the dishes.
7) If you were a superhero what would your name be and what is your super power? The Shadow, and my power would be invisibility. There are a lot of situations where I say to myself how much I’d love to be a fly on the wall when certain conversations are taking place and that superhero power would allow me to do so.
8) How many siblings do you have? 1 older brother
9) If you could be any animal what would you be and why? A house cat. I’d be afforded all the luxuries of home that I am as a human, and I’d get to sleep all day long.
10) What is your favorite food? Anything that I don’t have to cook. I love to eat out.
11) If you could change your name, what would it be? I don’t think I would. As a child I hated my name because no one could spell or pronounce it. But now that I’m an adult I’ve grown to love my name and wouldn’t trade it for anything.
11 BLOGS I NOMINATED:
1) Gasm Travels
11) Workers United
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1)What is your favorite hobby?
2)What is the one thing that drives you the most crazy?
3)Who is your favorite author and why?
4) What or who got you into blogging?
5) Name one thing on your bucket list.
6) What is the most exotic place you’ve travelled to?
7)Describe your idea of the worst vacation ever.
8) What is your guiltiest TV pleasure?
9) Who has had the biggest influence in your life?
10) Name one decision you made that changed your life, that you wish you could go back and choose the other path.
11) What is your least favorite time of the year?